Mashed Potato Breakfast Nest
Gear up for a breakfast spectacle with this Mashed Potato Breakfast Nest – the culinary circus your taste buds didn't know they signed up for! Smash those potatoes with more enthusiasm than a kid at a bubble wrap factory. Mix in cheese like you're auditioning for the dairy Olympics. Sour cream? Because mashed potatoes without it are like a party without confetti – just sad. Now grab a piping bag and squeeze out potato nests on a tray, forming shapes that Picasso would envy. Crack the eggs open with the flair of a breakfast ninja, seasoned so generously it's practically a spa day for your taste buds. While it cooks, imagine the potatoes and eggs engaging in a sizzling comedy roast. When it's done, top it with bacon – because bacon makes everything better, even your morning. Behold! You've just orchestrated a breakfast symphony. This will warrant a standing ovation to start your day!
- 2 cups of boiled potatoes
- 1 1/2 cup of colby jack cheese
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup cooked chopped bacon
- 1/4 cup chopped chives
- Mash some potatoes in a ricer with butter. Mix with sour cream, smoked paprika, garlic powder, salt and pepper and colby jack cheese. Stuff that into a piping bag (or Ziploc bag) and coil out on a parchment paper lined baking tray.
- Crack an egg inside each one and season with salt, pepper and chives. Bake at 425°F for 15 to 20 minutes, or air fry it.
- Once finished, garnish with some bacon and enjoy!