Hot Dog Pretzel Bites
Get ready to yodel with delight! These cheesy Hot Dog Pretzel Bites are the life of the Oktoberfest party. Roll those sausages in a warm, cheesy blanket, bake until they're as golden as a lederhosen button, and serve with a spicy honey mustard dip that'll have you doing the chicken dance in no time. It'll have you and your guests cheering "Prost!"
For the hot dog pretzel bites
- 1 can of refrigerated pizza dough (or 500 grams)
- 24 thin slices of mild cheddar cheese
- 8 jumbo hot dogs (cut into 3)
- 1 beaten egg (with 1 tablespoon of water)
- 1/4 cup coarse salt
- 4 cups water
- 1/2 cup baking soda
For the spicy honey mustard sauce
- 1/4 cup yellow mustard
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- Start by cutting jumbo hot dogs into 3 equal pieces. Slice the mild cheddar to be about the same width as the hot dog, then overlap and roll the hot dog up. Place in baking tray and set aside
- Slice the pizza dough into strips and stretch it out before rolling up the cheese wrapped hot dog in it.
- To make any pretzel dough, combine baking soda with water and then boil the hot dogs for about 30 seconds. Place back in the tray and cover each one with a beaten egg wash mixed with a little water. Add bits of flaky salt on top and bake at 400°F for 20 minutes.
- For the sauce, simply combine mustard, honey and cayenne pepper and enjoy!