Chorizo Mac n’ Cheese
Prepare taste buds for the ultimate delectable carnival – behold the Chorizo Mac n' Cheese extravaganza, a culinary rollercoaster of epic proportions! Picture pork chorizo basking in a pan, acquiring a golden hue that could outshine a treasure chest at sunrise. Now onto the cheese sauce – imagine sharp cheddar and corn starch engaged in a passionate tango, creating a saucy symphony hotter than a summer romance. In the saucepan, whole milk, hot sauce, and garlic salt unite to form a bubbly jacuzzi where the cheese dives in for a spicy soirée. Enter Mexican crema, the creaminess maestro, orchestrating a crescendo of flavor fit for a royal feast. Toss in half of the chorizo, the undisputed rockstar of this culinary spectacle, and macaroni, ready to perform its greatest stunt. As this cheesy circus unfolds in a grand baking dish, witness Oaxaca cheese strands cascading like dramatic waterfalls and the remaining chorizo and bread crumbs scattered like confetti at the grand finale of a flavor parade. The oven transforms this masterpiece within minutes, culminating in a dish so exquisite it could grace the red carpet of culinary greatness!
- 1 pound pork chorizo
- 2 tablespoons garlic salt
- 1 pound large macaroni (2 cups)
- 2 cups sharp cheddar
- 1/4 cup corn starch
- 1/4 cup hot sauce
- 1 tbsp garlic salt
- 1 tbsp pork seasoning
- 1 1/2 cups cups whole milk
- 1/2 cup Mexican crema
- 16 ounce queso Oaxaca
- 1 cup Chef Merito Spicy Bread Crumbs
- Brown up some pork chorizo and set aside.
- To make the cheese sauce, mix sharp cheddar with corn starch in a bowl. Heat up some whole milk with hot sauce and garlic salt. Slowly add the shredded cheese a little bit at a time until a saucy consistency forms. Pour some Mexican crema to make it creamier.
- Add half of the cooked chorizo then toss in the cooked macaroni. Dump that into a large baking dish. Hit the top of it with strings of Oaxaca cheese strands and sprinkle on the other half of the chorizo along with the bread crumbs.
- Bake at 400°F for 5-10 minutes and enjoy!