Chicken Parm Grilled Cheese
Think of a juicy, crispy chicken breast tucked inside two slices of golden, toasty bread. This isn't just any bread – it's buttery and grilled until it's just the right amount of crunchy. Inside, the chicken is covered in a tasty tomato sauce that's a bit sweet and tangy. And the best part? Lots of melted cheese – such as mozzarella and parmesan – that stretches and pulls apart with every bite. Why enjoy one or the other when you can enjoy them together!
- 1 circular sourdough loaf
- 1 large chicken breast
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup Italian seasoning (divided in half)
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 4 slices mild cheddar
- 4 slices muenster cheese
- 4 slices mozzarella
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 1/4 cup softened salted butter
- 1 head of roasted garlic
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 2 cups cooking oil
- Grab a chicken breast and smash it until it’s thin.
- Combine some eggs with Italian season, then flour with some Italian season and finally some panko bread crumbs with parmesan. Dip the chicken breast in the flour followed by the egg wash and then fully coat in the bread crumbs. Fry it at 350°F for about 3 minutes per side.
- For the garlic butter, mix together softened butter with roasted garlic and parsley. Take a circular loaf and cut the top and bottom off and then slice it half horizontally. Add the garlic butter to one side of one loaf piece and place on medium heat skillet.
- Layer slices of mild cheddar and muenster cheese and fry the bread for about 5 minutes. Place the other loaf (with garlic butter spread on one side facing up) and flip, frying the other side for an additional 5 minutes.
- Once done, remove from heat and add basil and garlic marinara sauce on top along with grated parmesan. Layer on the fride chicken with more sauce and parm then cover the top generously with mozzarella cheese. Put in the oven on broil until the cheese is melted, garnish with chopped parsley and enjoy!