Bacon Egg and Cheese Nike Dunks
Lace your taste buds with this mouthwatering twist on a breakfast classic by Josh Elkin! Transform your custom Nike Dunks into a delectable Bacon Egg and Cheese Breakfast Sandwich. Start with toasted potato rolls, perfectly mirroring the gum shoe bottoms. Layer on pan-fried bacon, mimicking the rich hues of the shoe's midsoles and tips. Top it off with a sunny side up egg, embodying the iconic yellow Nike swoosh and white quarter. Add a slice of melted cheddar cheese to capture the essence of the shoe lining. The finishing touch is a creamy mayo and mustard-based breakfast sauce with specks of dill, cleverly representing the intricate beauty of shoe laces. Step into flavor town with each bite of this sneaker-inspired culinary creation!
For the sandwich
- 4 potato rolls
- 12 strips of bacon
- 4 slices of cheese
- 4 eggs
For the breakfast sauce
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup yellow mustard
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons dill weed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Toast some potato rolls and set aside.
- Pan fry the bacon to your crispiness liking.
- Fry an egg and place a slice of cheddar cheese to help melt it.
- Make the breakfast sauce by combining mayonnaise, mustard, honey, hot sauce, lemon juice, dill weed and salt and pepper.
- Build the sandwich by spreading some of the sauce on the bottom bun. Place the bacon followed by egg and cheese. Spread more sauce on the top bun, close it out and enjoy!